The Girls Inc. Eureka! program is an intensive, five-year STEM based program that builds girls’ confidence and skills through hands-on opportunities in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Utilizing a “whole girl” approach, the program also incorporates sports and physical fitness, personal development, and college and career readiness.Serving girls from across the Denver-Metro area, Eureka! broadens girls’ future academic and career interests, encourages enrollment in advanced math and science courses, promotes positive risk-taking, and assists girls in developing networks of peers and mentors to support their future endeavors.
During Eureka! girls gain first-hand knowledge through a variety of exciting and compelling activities that explore the cutting edge world of STEM through experiences in a college campus environment. With complementary activities in healthy living, social justice and financial literacy, Eureka’s approach fosters educational, professional and personal development.
How to Apply
To apply, girls and families must submit an application and participate in an interview.
Eureka! participants who
complete the five-year program will:
- Participate in two 4-week summer programs on a college campus (after 7th and 8th grade)
- Complete two paid summer internships (after 9th and 10th grade)
- Have the opportunity to go on an abroad experience after 11th grade
- Engage in monthly engagement activities during the school year
- Be eligible to apply for college scholarships through Girls Inc. of Metro Denver and the national Girls Inc. organization.
For questions about our Eureka! program, please contact Dia St. John at (303) 893-4363 x161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.