The Girls Inc. Eureka! program is an intensive, five-year STEM based program that builds girls’ confidence and skills through hands-on opportunities in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Utilizing a “whole girl” approach, the program also incorporates sports and physical fitness, personal development, and college and career readiness. Serving girls from across the Denver-Metro area, Eureka! broadens girls’ future academic and career interests, encourages enrollment in advanced math and science courses, promotes positive risk-taking, and assists girls in developing networks of peers and mentors to support their future endeavors.
During Eureka! girls gain first-hand knowledge through a variety of exciting and compelling activities that explore the cutting edge world of STEM through experiences in a college campus environment. With complementary activities in healthy living, social justice and financial literacy, Eureka’s approach fosters educational, professional and personal development.Eureka! participants who complete the five-year program will:
- Participate in two 4-week summer programs on a college campus (after 7th and 8th grade)
- Complete two paid summer internships (after 9th and 10th grade)
- Have the opportunity to go on an abroad experience after 11th grade
- Engage in monthly engagement activities during the school year
- Be eligible to apply for college scholarships through Girls Inc. of Metro Denver and the national Girls Inc. organization.