To apply, interested youth and a parent/guardian must submit a completed application, which includes a commitment agreement for the 5-year program, and at least one, and no more than two, recommendation from teachers, coaches, and/or other adults in the youth’s life that is not a relative. Applicants and a parent/guardian will then participate in an interview together that will be conducted online.
The ideal applicant for the Eureka! program is someone who:
• can commit to a 5-year, year-round experience;
• have an interest and motivation to explore STEM;
• are currently in 7th grade;
• live in the Denver metro area and can get to GIMD (1499 Julian St., Denver, CO 80204) (schoolyear) or MSU Denver on the Auraria Campus (summer) for programming;
• can attend the 2022 Summer STEM Camp (June 12 – July 7, 2023, 8:30am – 5:00pm M-F);
• can attend monthly STEM Saturday enrichment programs (2nd Saturdays of the month, Sep – May);
• will benefit from building stronger relationships with peers and enjoy in-depth learning experiences;
• can maintain at least a 2.0 GPA once in the program (there is no grade or GPA requirement to join the program).
The Eureka! Program strongly encourages applications from youth for whom this experience would be the critical difference in propelling them on a path towards higher education and careers in STEM. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Indigenous, Latin, and other races and ethnicities historically underrepresented in STEM fields; youth from low-income families; LGBTQ+ youth; and first-generation college students. GIMD is committed to providing the comprehensive Girls Inc. experience to young people who feel safe in a pro-girl and girl-centered environment. GIMD programming is intended for youth whose genders and gender identities have been historically marginalized. This includes those who identify as girls (regardless of their assigned sex at birth), non-binary youth, gender non-conforming youth, and/or youth exploring their gender identity or expression.
Important Application Dates
Review of Applications Begins Monday, February 27, 2023
Interviews Begin Week of March 13, 2023 (weekday evenings, ongoing)
Final Application Deadline Friday, March 24, 2023
Latest Selection Notification Friday, April 28, 2023
Summer 2022 Orientation Week of May 15, 2023 (Dates/Times TBD)
STEM Camp at MSU Denver June 12 – July 7, 2023 (M-F, 8:30a-5:00p)
Eurekathon (Family Celebration) Friday, July 7 in the morning
FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FORM
If you would like to apply to the Eureka! program, you can fill out the online form or print it out using the links below.
- Complete and Submit the Online Form
- Printable PDF Application: Printable PDF applications are available via this link: Eureka Application 2023_fullpacket.
- If you are having difficulty submitting the form or prefer a hardcopy, please contact Eric Raya Steinbeiss, Manager of STEM Programs at email@example.com or call 303.893.4363 X 115.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please submit applications to Girls Inc. of Metro Denver via mail, email, or drop off.
If you choose to apply by filling out a PDF form, you can submit your application through email or mail. If you would like to send by email, please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Eureka Program Application – [Your First & Last Name]”, or deliver to Girls Inc. of Metro Denver in one envelope with your full name on the front. Only complete applications will be reviewed. If you would like to mail your application, please send your completed application to:
Girls Inc. of Metro Denver
ATTN: Eureka! Application
1499 Julian Street
Denver, CO 80204
Please note that any applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Please ensure that you’re submitting the application well before the deadline to prevent any delay in the mail.